Wednesday 18 March 2015

November Landscape

Tossed another hour
On the wakeful fire
Wondering what in the 
World has just transpired

My body is rejecting
Sleep, ejecting waste
Another enemy 
this time within

I have been ordered
To do too much 
with too little
For too long

How can I protect
The only things
That matter when
I'm being poured
Through a funnel

Into a world
With no escape 
A dreary, bleak,
November landscape

No shadows no forms
No silhouettes
Nothing familiar
To lean on

No hope to hold on to
From my former life
That clings to me
Like a bad reputation
And My bliss is put on hold
As I attempt escape
The stranglehold 
Of debt and obligation

To a world that I rejected
After that world
Rejected me
I'm still held down by
Gravity

It's not the monetary cost
That matters most
I'm used to sacrifice

Filling a hole that 
Can't be filled
A Hungry monster
In A bottomless pit
On a dead end street
In a condemned
Neighborhood

For now, it feels
Like death row
But I know that 
After winter
Comes the spring
I must hold on
For come the spring
I will be dancing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment