Monday 27 July 2015

Restless Soul

I can't settle down

My brain is racing
Like an over revved motor

a high tension wire
That snapped and
Is whipping about
Sparking and sparkling
Like fireworks in 
A cage, 

a snake pit
Of mixed images
Conjured up for
Who knows what

The discipline of yoga
And meditation and
Relaxation breathing
Are as far away 
As my youth tonight

I can't find a position
That doesn't hurt somehow
Or itch, or kinks my neck
Or my bladder

There is an urgency
A deadline looming
A list that extends
Beyond the time
I have left

Inquiète

I am not sick
I am not old
Or unhappy
I don't owe
I am dry 
And fed
I am loved
I have skills
I have talents
I have family
I have friends

O restless soul 
That seeks serenity

A lake, a forest,
An ocean view
Away from faces 
And voices
And gadgets
And needs

A bench with a view
where I can run 
my fingers through
my sleeping
Lover's hair
As the sun sets


No comments:

Post a Comment