Friday 7 June 2013

Standing

The anger is spilling
Out of me as I 
Talk to my flesh and blood
About my separation

I am ashamed at 
How much hatred 
I am harbouring.

I gave that woman
My youth, my word,
My devotion.
The benefit of the doubt
Unearned

Every opportunity she had
to progress,
To learn , 
to advance
I was used. 
Used and discarded 

I  EARN my living
I am through with giving
It away for nothing
But grief and suffering.

What was mine was ours
What was hers was hers
I wanted what I had 
to be enough.
I wanted who I am 
to be enough

It was never good enough
I was never good enough
Now I've had enough
But she wants more
More, but what for?
I am not her livelihood
I am not an ATM
There is no severance package
"I don't want to be a wife or mother"
She quit. Then she didn't.
Now she's fired.

I could let her take it all. 
It has no real value
After all. But I do.
I am good enough
I have enough.
I will not let this feeling
Consume me.

No comments:

Post a Comment